The Comfort Company Acta-Back Wheelchair Back features a durable, lightweight aluminum shell with patented moldable stays that conform and support the user's back. These unique stays are located inside the zippered cover, behind the foam surface, but are still accessible while the user is seated and allow for continued support as positioning needs change.
A three-layer foam construction provides maximum comfort and consists of a thick layer of Visco foam that conforms to the contours of the body to equalize pressure.
Choose from fixed or quick release Compass 4 hardware in 2 point or 4 point attachment styles that allow for height, depth, and angle of recline adjustments without losing seat depth all while the user is still seated.
For the cover of this foam wheelchair back you can choose from either stretch-air fabric for greater air flow or comfort-tek fabric for greater moisture protection.
- Lightweight yet durable aluminum shell maintains integrity
- Moldable stays conform to the back and can be adjusted as positioning needs change
- Three-layer foam construction for maximum comfort
- Thick Visco foam layer conforms to the body and equalizes pressure
- Available with 2 point or 4 point quick release or fixed Compass 4 hardware
- 4 point hardware is required for 24” widths
- Compass Power Mount hardware is available for use on power wheelchairs (call for pricing)
- Height, depth, and angle of recline adjustments can be made while the user is seated
- Available in 12"-22" heights and 12"-24" widths
- Thickness: 2" | Weight: 5 lbs.
- Weight capacity:
- 12"-18" widths = 250 lbs.
- 20" width = 300 lbs.
- 22" width = 350 lbs.
- 24" width = 400 lbs.
- Comfort Company Acta-Back LTS with lateral trunk supports also available, call for pricing.
- Several upgrades available including head supports, custom piping colors, and embroidery options
- Stretch-Air: Designed for added comfort, air transmission and heat dissipation. High-stretch polyester top layer with a breathable vapor barrier.
- Comfort-Tek: Designed for infection control and incontinence protection. Multi-dimensional stretch helps alleviate pressure on bony prominences.
The Comfort Company Acta-Back wheelchair back is available with a variety of upgrades including lateral trunk pad supports, head supports, piping color, and embroidery options. See the Downloads tab above to view the Acta-Back order form to see the available options and call us for pricing.
Looking for an additional cover for your Comfort Company Acta-Back wheelchair back? Just give us a call and we will happy to provide you with a quote.
- Comfort Company Acta-Back Brochure
- Comfort Company Acta-Back Order Form
- Comfort Company Acta-Back Compass 4 Hardware Instructions
Most items purchased from Care Medical Source are returnable within 30 days of the date of purchase if the item is in new, resalable condition and in its original packaging containing all parts and accessories. Some items are non-returnable for hygienic reasons or if the item was custom-made by the manufacturer to your specifications. Exceptions would be if the item(s) received were different than the item(s) ordered. We support the products that we sell by honoring all manufacturer warranties; however, each manufacturer has different warranty policies and procedures. Please view our Return/Warranty Policy for additional information.