The Comfort Company Acta-Relief Wheelchair Back features the revolutionary Boa closure system that allows for quick and easy adjustment without the use of straps, ratchets or fasteners to offer optimal support of the lower and upper thoracic regions.
The micro-adjustable Boa dial offers one millimeter of adjustment with each click of the dial and securely locks into place ensuring it will stay exactly where you need it. This smooth, even adjustment method has no pressure points and provides a truly custom fit.
The open back frame design paired with the Boa's reel and cable system allows for pressure to be off-loaded, stabilized and distributed evenly to remove pressure points from the spine allowing for more seating support ranging from upright seating to a severely rotated back.
This foam wheelchair back features an oversized aluminum shell cut-out that provides deeper immersion while the thick Visco surface layer contours to the user's body adding extra comfort and support.
Choose from fixed or quick release Compass 4 hardware in 2 point or 4 point attachment styles that allow for height, depth, and angle of recline adjustments without losing seat depth all while the user is still seated.
The Acta-Relief Back is available with either a stretch-air fabric cover for greater air flow or a comfort-tek fabric cover for greater moisture protection.
- Oversized aluminum shell cut-out for deeper immersion
- Patented Boa closure system provides equal and stable pressure distribution
- Micro-adjustable dial offers 1 mm increments of adjustment
- Open back frame offloads pressure from the spine for greater seating support range
- Thick Visco foam layer contours to the body maximizing comfort
- Available with 2 point or 4 point quick release or fixed Compass 4 hardware
- 4 point hardware is required for 24” widths
- Compass Power Mount hardware is available for use on power wheelchairs (call for pricing)
- Height, depth, and angle of recline adjustments can be made while the user is seated
- Available in 10"-22" heights and 14"-20" widths
- Weight capacity:
- 14"-18" widths = 250 lbs.
- 20" width = 300 lbs.
- Comfort Company Acta-Relief LTS with lateral trunk supports also available, call for pricing.
- Several upgrades available including head supports, custom piping colors, and embroidery options
- Stretch-Air: Designed for added comfort, air transmission and heat dissipation. High-stretch polyester top layer with a breathable vapor barrier.
- Comfort-Tek: Designed for infection control and incontinence protection. Multi-dimensional stretch helps alleviate pressure on bony prominences.
The Comfort Company Acta-Relief wheelchair back is available with a variety of upgrades including lateral trunk pad supports, head supports, piping color, and embroidery options. See the Downloads tab above to view the Acta-Relief order form to see the available options and call us for pricing.
Looking for an additional cover for your Comfort Company Acta-Relief wheelchair back? Just give us a call and we will happy to provide you with a quote.
- Comfort Company Acta-Relief Flyer
- Comfort Company Acta-Relief Order Form
- Comfort Company Acta-Relief Compass 4 Hardware Instructions
Most items purchased from Care Medical Source are returnable within 30 days of the date of purchase if the item is in new, resalable condition and in its original packaging containing all parts and accessories. Some items are non-returnable for hygienic reasons or if the item was custom-made by the manufacturer to your specifications. Exceptions would be if the item(s) received were different than the item(s) ordered. We support the products that we sell by honoring all manufacturer warranties; however, each manufacturer has different warranty policies and procedures. Please view our Return/Warranty Policy for additional information.