The Invacare Matrx PB Heavy Duty Wheelchair Back features a lightweight, slightly contoured ABS shell with molded foam that wraps around the shell for maximum comfort and midline support and positioning. The heavy-duty hardware and 500 lb. weight capacity makes this an ideal wheelchair back support for larger users.
The 5” contour depth provides lateral and trunk support and the removable lumbo-sacral support is easily adjustable to meet individual user needs. Optional Visco Foam or Foam-in-Place Kit is available for added comfort and a more custom fit to contours of the body.
Heavy-duty, quick-release, Easy Set hardware makes installation and removal of the back a breeze and allows for quick adjustments in depth (4”), angle (40°) and rotation while the user is still in the wheelchair.
The outer cover of this bariatric wheelchair back wraps around the entire back and is made from Meshtex fabric that helps wick away moisture and heat to keep you cool and dry.
Other options and accessories including a privacy flap, wipeable slipcover and military service emblems are available so you can build your PB Heavy Duty foam wheelchair back to meet your specific needs. See the Options tab above for more information.
- Lightweight, slightly contoured ABS shell
- Shell includes built-in headrest attachment
- Molded foam wraps around the back shell with hook and loop strips
- 5" of contour depth provides lateral and trunk support
- Removable lumbo-sacral support adjusts to meet individual needs
- Quick-release, heavy-duty, Easy Set hardware makes installation, removal and adjustments simple
- Adjustments in depth (4”), angle (40°) and rotation can be made while the user is in the wheelchair
- Meshtex outer cover is breathable and moisture-resistant
- Several options and accessories to choose from - see the Options tab above
- Weight capacity 500 lbs.
- also available in a standard model (Matrx PB) with a weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Looking for a replacement or spare cover for your Invacare Matrx PB Heavy Duty Back? CLICK HERE
|Construction:|| Shell: Lightweight, ABS contoured with built-in headrest attachment
Hardware: Easy Set Heavy-Duty, Quick-Release
Foam: Molded high-resiliency foam wraps around shell (upgrade options available)
Cover: Wraparound moisture-resistant Meshtex fabric
|Width:||20" | 22" | 24"|
|Height:||16" | 20"|
|Depth Adjustment:||4" (2" in front or behind)|
|Angle Adjustment:||40° range|
|Fits onto Back Canes:||Fits 1" narrower up to 1" wider (longer mounting pin upgrade available)|
|Weight:||6 lbs. and up depending on size|
|Weight Capacity:||500 lbs.|
|Warranty:||2 year limited|
Options & Accessories
- Visco Foam (PBVF): Provides a 3/4" layer of visco foam laminated onto a 1" layer of high resiliency foam for increased immersion and comfort.
- Foam-in-Place Kit (FP64A): Allows foam to be molded to the user's shape for a more custom fit.
- Privacy Flap (PFLAP-size): Covers the gap between the bottom of the backrest and the seat pan of the wheelchair. Size will be ordered to match chosen back size:
- Large (PFLAP-L): 17" x 16" to fit 19"-20" wide backs
- X-Large (PFLAP-XL): 19" x 16" to fit 21"-22" wide backs
- XXL-Large (PFLAP-XXL): 21" x 16" to fit 23"-24" wide backs
Additional Cover Options
*Back will come with standard Meshtex cover - these are additional cover choices:
- Stretch Cover(PBSC): For use when utilizing the Foam-in-Place Kit.
- Wipeable Slipcover WSCU): Additional cover with zipper adds a layer of protection for the back cover and foam. Ideal for those with incontinence issues.
Military Service Emblem Options
6" diameter embroidery patch available for the following service branches:
- Air Force