The Evolution wheelchair cushion by Varilite is an ideal choice for those at risk of tissue breakdown and those with symmetric positioning needs as it features a foam-air floatation design.
Three types of foam are used to create the functional areas of the foam bottom of this seating surface:
- soft foam for the decubitis-sensitive areas of the ischium
- medium foam for the thigh trough, pelvic bucketing and pre-ischial bar
- firm foam for the perimeter and thigh separator for added stability
The single chamber air floatation section allows for adjustment of the air inflation level to conform to the user's body contours for better pressure distribution. These adjustments can be made while the user is seated using a simple air valve.
This design makes it easy to adjust this air wheelchair cushion to meet changing support and comfort needs and eliminates worry about using pumps, accessories, kneading or manipulation making this cushion valued by caregivers and users alike.
The Evolution cushion comes with a four-way stretch cover that is available in mesh or incontinence styles and features a non-slip bottom and hook and loop attachment to ensure the cushion stays in place during daily activities and transfers.
- Easy to use, no pumps or accessories
- Positioning supports improve stability
- Air-foam flotation design maximizes comfort
- Simple air valve allows for changes in the air inflation level
- Ideal choice for users at risk of tissue breakdown and symmetric positioning needs
- Recommended for individuals with motor and neurological dysfunction
- Four-way stretch fabric cover is available in mesh or incontinence style
- Non-skid bottom with hook and loop attachment keeps cushion in place
This cushion is available with the optional PSV (pressure setting valve) that automatically adjusts the air inflation level based on a pre-set position. See the Evolution PSV cushion for additional details.
Looking for a replacement or spare cover for your Varilite Evolution cushion? CLICK HERE
|Cushion Composition:||Air-Foam Floatation|
|Base Composition:||No base|
|Height:||3.8" (without load)|
|Weight Capacity:||500 lbs.|
|Maintenance:||Once a week allow your cushion to fully inflate overnight with all valves open|
|Warranty:||2 years (excluding the cushion cover)|