The Zippie Iris Pediatric Tilt-in-Space Wheelchair is equipped with patented Intelligent Rotation-in-Space technology designed specifically for pediatric users. The seat rotates around the child's center of gravity and the rotation arm is easy for caregivers and parents to control while also helping to keep the child secure while tilting. The Iris provides exceptional positioning capabilities and 40° or 55° rotation ranges that can be set to attain up to 45° or 60° of posterior rotation.
The aluminum frame is available in a folding or rigid design to better accommodate a variety of user needs.
- The folding frame is equipped with the patented XLOCK folding crossbrace that offers superior rigidity while offering the convenience of a folding design that makes transport and storage easy. The folding frame also offers up to 4" of built-in depth growth and 2" of built-in width growth.
- The rigid frame option is lighter weight, highly durable and contains less moving parts making it ideal for more active users. Growth adjustment is obtainable with the width adjustable strut tubes.
Designed to grow with your child, the Zippie Iris also offers the original owner one free growth kit within 5 years of purchase, which includes all the necessary parts and components needed to adjust the seat width and depth of the chair (not available with the Iris SE model).
A wide variety of options are available to make this wheelchair more functional and comfortable to operate for the child and the caregiver. These options and accessories combined with the multiple color choices let you create a wheelchair that meets your child's mobility needs and personal style!
Once you order your new Zippie wheelchair don’t forget to go to the Sunrise Medical website and order your child’s official Zippie Driver License!
- Rotation-in-space technology offers 40° or 55° rotation ranges
- Available in a rigid of folding frame design
- Designed to grow with your child with built-in and add-on grown options
- comes with one free growth kit (not available with the Iris SE model)
- Wide variety of options to increase functionality for both the child and the caregiver
- Multiple color combinations and accessories available
- Weight capacity: 225 lbs.
ORDERING NOTE: Due to the complex options and available upgrades associated with this product it is not available for sale online. As this item will be custom-built for you and is not returnable we want to ensure that your new wheelchair comes to you exactly as you want it. Please see the Downloads tab above to view the Zippie Iris or Iris SE order form and call us at 800.443.7091 and our knowledgeable staff can help you place your order.
Want to add even more comfort to your new wheelchair? Check out our huge selection of pediatric wheelchair cushions & backs and wheelchair accessories! If you can't find what you're looking for just give us a call at 1.800.443.7091 and we'll be happy to help!
|Frame Type & Construction:||Tilt | Folding or Rigid | Aluminum|
|Seat Width:|| Folding: 10" to 16" (grows to 18"
Rigid: 10" to 18"
|Seat Depth:||10" - 18"|
|Front Seat-to-Floor Height:||13" - 19"|
|Rear Seat-to-Floor Height:||13" - 19"|
|Back Height:|| Fixed: 19", 22", 25"
Adjustable: 16" to 22", 19" to 25"
Reclining: 21", 24"
MONO Backrest System: 18.7", 21.7"
| Angle Adjustable
Backrest Adjustment Range:
|Fore (-) 5° to Aft (+) 30°|
|Center of Gravity Adjustment:||6"|
|Tilt Range:||40° or 55°|
| Chair Weight:
*no footrests, rear wheels, seat pan, armrests, or transit
|Rigid: 32 lbs. | Folding: 35.8 lbs.|
|Weight Capacity:||225 lbs.|
|Warranty:||Lifetime on frame | 1 year on Zippie components|